Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Time flies by...

How did this happen? How did I become a mother to a 5 year old? Time has one by so quickly...way too quickly. I swear it was just a month ago that I saw two lines on that stick and ran out the door to tell Rayden that I was pregnant (to which he replied, "is it a boy or a girl?"). Then, it was only moments after that when I was sent to the hospital 3 weeks early....and terrified....because my blood pressure was out of control. Seconds later (almost literally), Kaleb became a big brother. I remember nursing Nathan in the hospital bed while I watched Kaleb play on a blanket on the floor (he couldn't even crawl yet). Then came first steps, ear infection after ear infection, surgery, speech therapy, preschool, potty training, riding a bike with no training wheels....and the next step....Kindergarten. I can't even type that word without a tear forming in my eye. This little man is so impressive to me. I don't know what on earth I will do without him each and every day next year. I know he is ready. I know he will do great. I guess this is my first chance to really share him with the world. Lookout world....you are getting quite a wonderful boy.

Kaleb is a terribly sweet child. He is charming and kind. He gives geneously. I will never forget all the Friday's at KDO when he would pick something out of the treasure box that he could give to me. He taught me about sacrificial giving. I love his cheesy grin and his silly laugh. He is always up for a good time.

Kaleb is quite the entertainer. He loves to make people laugh. I think he get s that from his dad. He feeds off of other's energy. Whenever he knows he is being watched he starts to put on a show. Don't believe me? Just watch this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tguL4IPIyBg


Kaleb has always been a bit hesitant to try new things. He didn't crawl until he was 10 months old, walk until he was 15 months old, or get potty trained until after he turned 3. I'm okay with all of that. Raising him has taught me that God's plans are very individual. Not everyone does everything at the same time. A lot of times I hear Kaleb say, "I'm too scared." I think that's okay. But, I try to encourage him that bravery is not the absence of fear, but it is trying even though we are afraid. I pray often that God will make him a brave warrior in His Kingdom and that fear will not stop Kaleb from having the abundant life God promises.


Kaleb is one of a kind. He can frustrate me to the point of pulling out my hair and he can melt my heart in an instant....all in the same afternoon. I am so blessed to be his mommy. I will grieve as I send him to Kindergarten in August....but I will be watching and praying for him to soar to new heights and to carry Jesus to a dark and lonely world. Praise God for good gifts....and Kaleb is a VERY good gift!





No comments: