Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A birthday to remember

Kaleb turned 5 last week and we celebrated with a huge party up in the church parking lot. And when I say "huge" I am not exaggerating....there were 58 people there! I know our little man felt supremely celebrated. Here are some pictures of this momentous day...


This is Kaleb giving Gracie Lee a great big hug. He tells us daily that he is going to marry Gracie (which is fine with me because her mom is one of my dearest friends!) He even went s far one Sunday as to say, "mom, when I marry Gracie you need to get me a red flower to put on m suit and a pink flower to put on Gracie's dress so that she can be beautiful and I can be handsome." How sweet is that?

Not only was it his birthday, but it was also the day that Kaleb learned to ride his bike with no training wheels. He and his daddy had been practicing for weeks. Kaleb could go about 20 feet on his own. Then when PawPaw came to town he took Kaleb to Target and bought him a 16in bike. At his party, Rayden talked him into showing everyone what he could do (thinking he would go his typical 20 feet and then get scared ad bail). But after about 50 feet Kaleb turned to Rayden and said, "don't come near me daddy" and he took off and didn't stop for the next hour.

This is the victory lap that Rayden and Kaleb took after the initial bike ride. You can see such pride on BOTH their faces.


Kaleb got to have all his buddies at the party. This is him with Luke, Aidan, AJ, Nathan, and Caden. There are so many boys Kaleb's age at our church....a blessing for us....a headache for their Sunday School teachers. =)

Everyone gathered around to sing Happy Birthday. At the end of every phrase Kaleb added a loud, "cha cha cha" He certainly knows how to entertain a crowd!


Grandad and Grammy got Kaleb a new set of golf clubs for his birthday. Now he can play just like daddy. I know golf is a big deal to the men in our family....it's a way to bond. I can't wait to see if Kaleb really likes it. He is awfully antsy and energetic for such a slow game, but who knows,maybe he will take to it like his daddy did.


Gracie (Kaleb's "future bide") called to tell him happy birthday. I thought it was so cute the way that he lounged right into his chair as if he was settling in for an hour long conversation. It gives me visions of the future...Kaleb is so charming and handsome....I know the ladies will be calling our house all the time when high school hits.


We loved this birthday party. It was so relaxing....we weren't limited on how many people we could invite...we got to share pizza (12), cokes(hundreds), and cupcakes(72). It's also worth mentioning the miracle God did on this day. It was overcast all day....the weather forecasters said we were supposed to have strong storms. I prayed and prayed and asked for the Lord to hold off the rain. About an hour before the party it started to sprinkle. I prayed, "Lord...your will be done. But if you see fit, hold off the rain. I promise to give you the glory." So hear I am...praising the Lord and telling the world that the Lord loves to delight his children. It did not rain even one drop that night! What a miracle! I praise the Lord for his wondrous love and might! There is NOTHING he can't do!




We had lots of bike races as a part of the party. This is the 5 year old race. We also had a race for 3 and under, 4 year olds, 6 and up. There was even a race for the daddy's.


We wouldn't leave the Mommy's out! No way! Here we are perched and ready to dominate the athletic competition. What fun!












No comments: