Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sweetest people you'll ever meet....also, our future family!

Let me introduce you to one of the sweetest families you will ever meet. These are our friends, the Whaleys. Richie, Lindsey, Luke, and Jackson have all become so meaningful in our lives. We are blessed to call them friends. Lindsey and I have worked together the past year at KDO....I teach music and she is the director of the program. We also had our babies just 2 days apart. Now we do bootcamp together as well. And Richie....well....he has been a God-send for both Rayden and I. As a pastor it can be difficult to find people that you can just let loose with. People are always expecting certain things from you, changing their own behavior when you are around, and ask you questions about church that you don't feel comfortable answering. Rayden has always had his buddy, Donnie, to be himself with. But, recently Donnie moved to Austin. I was fervently praying that God would send Rayden someone who he could just truly be himself with...no pressure....no strings attached. It was about this time that Richie appeared. Richie and Lindsey began to take an interest in serving the students of Forest Hill. Rayden and Richie immediately hit it off and started hanging out about once a week. He was the friend that I was praying God would send to Rayden. They are so much alike it is almost scary. Lindsey and I tease them that they go on "man dates" each week....all kidding aside....I am so glad Rayden has a friend like Richie.

And then there is Luke and Jackson....two of the sweetest boys you will ever encounter. Luke and Kaleb are about 6 months apart in age and they are in the same class at KDO. Like their dads, they are also very similar. They have oodles of energy, are very smart, charming, and handsome. They also like to get into the same kind of trouble. Nathan and Luke are also good friends. The three of them are like peas in a pod!

And baby Jackson. He is just two days younger than Aubri. He has the sweetest little devilish grin that makes you think he just got into something. He is shy and funny....and boy does he love the Wiggles. There is something else he loves also....my daughter! These two are precious together. They play so well....they share and give hugs (mostly Aubri tries to hug and Jackson runs away). The entire week at the beach they kept soothing each other when they were upset and calling for each other when they were gone. It was precious.

Now I know I have no REAL say in who my baby girl will marry, but I would be just fine to pick this family out for her. They are loving, generous, kind, fun, and easy to be with. I can only imagine what stories we will have to tell as our friendship grows.

I am certainly convinced that we don't say often enough how much we love each other. I am sure that we never praise each other enough. I do not want that to be the case here....My whole family is blessed because of the Whaleys and we praise God that we have them as friends.





































No comments: