Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Such a deal

There are lots of addictions in life. Some good, some bad. I have a new one....saving money. I am thinking it falls in to the good category. This addiction has been unearthed with the discovery of a new blog. It is called hip2save. The writer on this blog researches deals, sales, coupons, and strategies for saving money. And I am SO grateful for her generosity. She not only shares her findings, but she also links you to the coupons so you can print them out. It has been a fun adventure to clip these coupons and try to get things for free. Call me a freak if you want....I will take that title as long as I can save bunches of dollars!

My first real money saving trip to the store was to purchase the following items...


How much do you think I spent???

$25?

$20?

$15?

$10?

Nope....I spent $7.64! That's right, I got 10 drumsticks, Wheat Thins, Ritz crackers, Kraft Mayo, new Aquafresh double whitening toothpaste, a toothbrush, Kashi Go Lean Blueberry waffles, and 2 Hershey Bliss candy bars for just $7.64! My bill before coupons was around $22. Can you believe it? This is so much fun!

If you want to search for deals on the hip2save blog too you can click here to give it a try. Happy saving!

2 comments:

jhollis said...

Wow, Sarah! Way to go! Once again, you show your creativity and homemaking skills!

We celebrate with you on your discovery!

T & J

deliveredjude said...

Also check out www.southernsavers.com. I LOVE this website and hope to use it more in the future to benefit our bank accounts and fight "the man" and his prices at the stores.