Thursday, November 5, 2009

Lots to catch up on

I have not blogged in quite sometime. Part of the reason is because instead of writing a blog I have been enjoying....nay, obsessed with....reading other peoples. I am pretty much stalking these coupon blogs. I am scoring deals that you would not believe. I barely believe them myself, but I have the receipts to prove them! The other reason is that I feel like I am barely keeping my head above water right now. I have a mother that I just moved into an assisted living facility, a church that is in financial CRISIS, a daughter who has learned how to throw tantrums, and a kindergartner with no self control (and no, I am not exaggerating....I got an email from his teacher today supporting that statement). But, all that aside....I am back. I will catch you up bit by bit until we find ourselves in the mess that is called today.







First, we took a trip to St. Louis! Hooray! We tried to go over Fall Break, but mom wasn't doing well so we had to postpone. I'm really glad we did. We had such a great time. And it was so freeing to go out of town knowing that my mom was cared for and that she was safe. What a tremendous relief. While in St. Louis we bunked up in my dad's apartment. He made the most amazing cookies! I ate WAY TOO MANY of them....how I managed to still lose 1.6 pounds that week is beyond me, but hey....if the cookie diet works....you don't question it....you just go with it!

We went to Six flags and the Magic house. Both were tremendous amounts of fun. The boys loved seeing the characters at Six Flags, and we realized we have a little daredevil in our family. Nathan displayed no fear as he marched himself on to the Screaming Eagle and rode with his hands up the entire time. Kaleb.....not so much. He did do the mine train, but he was not pleased with the drop at the end....he's pretty sure at this point that roller coasters are not his thing.
It was great to have Uncle Joshie and Susan meet us at the Magic House. I miss my brother like crazy so I am blessed every second I get to spend with him. My kids thought it was pretty cool too....they are awfully fond of all their uncles!

Isn't this picture hilarious? I love love love it!

Another adventure we had was getting Aubri's very first haircut. I know, I know, she is well past turning two....how on earth have I not even trimmed her hair yet? The answer? Simple...I don't know. I was waiting to see what those little front and side hairs were going to do. Finally, I had to cave. My sweet little angel began to rock a pretty hard core mullet. The back kept getting longer and longer, but those front hairs were having an identity crisis. Were they destined to be bangs....were they just holding out on growing longer and catching up with the rest of her hair? I won't leave you in suspense any longer....they are bangs. We cut 4 inches off the back of her hair and most of those precious baby ringlet curls are gone....but, on a positive note....so is the mullet!








No comments: