Sunday, August 9, 2009

A rated-R post (consider yourself warned)

I love having boys. Don't get me wrong, Aubri is my princess and my best buddy and I am totally smitten with her. But my boys....they light up my world. Not to mention, keep me rolling with laughter. Last night was no exception.

We always bathe our 3 kids together....they are young....they don't know anything different....we'll stop soon, I promise! Anyway, Rayden got the kids out of the tub one by one and sent them to me (waiting in the living room with jammies in hand). Kaleb emerged from our room with a serious look on his face. He also looked a bit shy....totally out of character. I bent down to see if he wanted to whisper the earth-shattering thoughts that were swirling around in his head into my ear. Oh. my. goodness. I am SO glad he shared.

"Mommy...there are beans in there."

"in where"

"in THERE." (pointing towards his boy parts)

I look at Rayden in confusion. His eyes widen at me as if to say, "you know what he's talking about....think for a minute and it will come to you." And after a minute....it DID come to me.

"OHHHH! Well, baby, those are called testicles. They are not beans. They are part of what makes your body works. Sorta like how you have a heart and lungs and a bladder....you can't see them, but they are doing their part to keep your body working. Your testicles do the same thing....and by the way, we don't touch them okay!?"

"Well, they sure feel like beans."

And off he went....totally unimpressed with my health lesson. Perfectly content to believe that he has beans in his penis. Oh well, he's 5. I guess we can have that discussion later.

1 comment:

theshaw5 said...

lol!! That is sooooo stinkin funny! You handled that so much better than I would've....he is so funny!!! I love the little comedians in our life.... I love Kaleb - He's so honest and sweet and OBSERVANT!!