Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A momentous day!

It's official....Kaleb is in Kindergarten. And his first day was great! I held it together just fine (of course it helped that I had my first day of KDO the same day....what a great distraction). Here is a rundown of our day.

Time to wake up...
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day....how bout scrambled eggs and toast?

Posing for pictures

What a big boy!
I am one proud momma!
Just like his daddy....although we are hoping that he can avoid "first day of school spankings!"
It's time to drop Kaleb off for Camp Chimneyrock (each of the kindergartners only go to school one day on the first week. That way they ease into the year and the teacher can get to know them 4-5 at a time)
He gets right down to work. After all, as Kaleb likes to put it...he is a "fantastic artist"
Kaleb and his teacher, Mrs. Humphrey.



It was a great day at Camp Chimneyrock. And now, as I write this, we are 3 days into his first week of school. It has already been very eventful. The first "official" day for kindergartners was Monday. Rayden had to take Kaleb because I was still in the ER with my mom. (I tried to get away, but couldn't due to some GPS misunderstandings between my husband and best friend!!). Rayden merely dropped him off at the front door. A teacher walked him to class. I was devastated. I cried when I heard about it....I couldn't believe that my little boy was walking through that big school without me....or his daddy. I totally am not mad at Rayden....he didn't know.....you are allowed to walk them in the first week of school....after that they are on their own. It's something I must not have mentioned. Only a daddy would pat their son on the head their first day and drive off. Although, I guess it was a good thing. Now we know he can do it. It's sort of liking ripping the band aid off really fast. Needless to say, I have walked him all the way to the door the last two days though. I won't dare drop him off till they make me!
This is a whole new grand adventures. There is more to say already, but I must rest for now. We do the whole thing again tomorrow....plus a room parent meeting and curriculum night. Tomorrow promises to be a full day!





No comments: