Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Doctor updates

Today we ventured to the doctor's office for both Nathan and Aubri's well checkups. The reports were good, but, man, do I hate being in that tiny room with all three of my crazies while we wait for the doctor. At least we were he first appointment of the day. Here are the details...

Nathan....coming in at 3 ft 4 inches and 39 pounds. He is in the 50th percentile for height and for weight. That means he has slimmed down quite a bit. Those chubby cheeks are disappearing before my very eyes. So sad!

The highlight of his visit today was getting to pee in a cup. He has never done that before and he just could not get over how silly this was. The nurse gave us the cup and we went into the bathroom. Our instructions were to put a little peepee in the cup and then leave it on the counter. First off, it's a smidge difficult to catch a 4 year olds urine in a tiny cup while he is laughing at the craziness of it all. All this while stopping Aubri from putting her hand in the potty. I got skills...if I do say so myself. The next challenge was that Nathan was having a hard time "stopping the flow" if you will. The cup was about to overflow...I swear the temperature in that tiny bathroom was about 90 degrees. Finally, he understood what I was asking him to do and he turned and finished releiving himself in the potty. Then, I put the cup on the counter and we began to leave. Kaleb said that maybe we should leave a note so that the next person who uses the potty will know not to drink it...he's so considerate.

The lowlight of the visit was getting his finger pricked. Although...he was VERY brave and only cried for a second. We had practiced the night before closing our eyes and counting to 5. I told them that shots only hurt for 5 seconds so we can count and then the pain will be gone. After his real life experience today Nathan looked at me with wide eyes as he exclaimed that I was actually right.

Aubri....she is now 31 inches long and 25 pounds. That puts her at about the 35th percentile for height and the 50th for weight. She too has slimmed down. She had always been 75th in weight. I guess trying to keep up with those brothers of hers is a good weight loss plan...too bad it's not working that way for me!

She looks great and is developing properly. She knows all the things she should know. She can point to several body parts and can call out several animal sounds. The doctor wanted for her to know about 5 words, but my little overacheiver has about 30 in her repetoire!

Aubri had to get two shots today and she did great. We'll get some tylenol in that girl and send her to bed!

Well...you can consider yourself updated. The sickness is finally gone from the house ( I hope). Rayden has a big week at work....we just hired a new senior pastor so he will start to see some changes coming. And then in 2 weeks I am headed to CHicago to attend a children's ministry conference at WillowCreek. Busy busy times.

2 comments:

deliveredjude said...

Wow. That's a lot going on. Since I'm uneducated on this, what percentile should the kids "ideally" be at? Is middle of the range best or is the 100th percentile good? Just wondering.

Blessings and goodness to you dear friend. Miss seeing you.

Nic

Anonymous said...

I was laughing about the pee story... when I stopped abruptly. It was the realization of my future. How do you catch the pee? These are the things I need you to teach me! I mean, if he gets bit by a snake... well, you know the rest. :) love ya girl.