Saturday, February 28, 2009

Once again, Memphis weather throws us a curveball. Two days ago we were outside in shorts and a tshirt playing in beautiful sunshine. Yesterday, we were drenched with rain. And today, we got snow. More snow than Memphis has seen in quite a while. We probably got about 4 inches or so. We took full advantage of this chance to play in the white fluffy goodness!




We built a snowman...it's an upgrade from last year when we used a cheetoh for his nose. This year we used a real bonafide organic carrot!


Nathan wanted to name him "Mr. Snowman" and Kaleb had the ingenious idea of calling him, "frosty." We never agreed so I guess he remains nameless. Any suggestions?





We made snow angels.



Does it strike anyone else as odd that my child looks completely flat. It's like he's deflated or something. I must get him to teach me this amazing new weight loss trick!




We ate snow. Not any snow. Just the snow that stuck to our gloves.




We posed for pictures. For once, I am NOT behind the camera.




We stared in awe as the tiny little flakes flittered out of the sky




We threw snowballs...lots and lots of snowballs.


We caught snowflakes on our tongues.





And what did sweet little Aubri think of all this....


Well....

Let's just say that it wasn't her cup of tea. Maybe next year?!


































2 comments:

deliveredjude said...

that looks like an incredibly special and fun time. It was nice to see your pretty face in front of the camera. It started snowing here tonight. I doubt we'll get that much snow, but we'll see. Peace, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I laughed until I snorted when I saw the "flat" boy in the snow! Too funny! It totally looks like he was flattened by a truck! love it.