Tuesday, March 24, 2009

getting creative

The month of March is tricky in Memphis. Some days it is 75 degrees with the sun shining and birds chirping. Then, the next day it might be 55 degrees with rain and overcast skies. Forest Gump said it best when he claimed, "you never know what you're gonna get."

We've been running out of stuff to do in the house on those days we can't get outside to play. Mommy has had to put her thinking cap on and get creative. I very rarely toot my own horn, but....TOOT! TOOT! these are some good ideas!


1. We got out a beach towel and a favorite stuffed animal and created a sort of parachute. The game was to work together (a skill these two boys need to practice often) to toss the penguin in the air as high as they can while still catching him on the way down. This provided us with a whole 45 minutes of entertainment!


2. I must start by saying that I did NOT come up with this idea (a very hearty thank you to Mailbox teaching magazine!). I did, however, make it and teach it to my kids.
You take plastic easter eggs and spereate them. On the small halves you write all the lower case letters. On the larger halves you write all the upper case letters. The boys had to sort through them and match the correct upper and lower case letters together. Since both boys were paying I gav Kaleb all the lower case halves and Nathan all the upper case halves. But, this would work just as easily with one child...they just sift through a bigger pile to find the match on their own.







So, those are my two new good inside fun ideas. I am in need of many more. Got any you'd like to pass along?



No comments: