Monday, February 9, 2009

What a start!

What a start we have had to our week. Monday morning has already brought with it many unique challenges. First, as Rayden lifted our little angel out of her crib this morning he felt something squishy and warm run down his side. Upon investigation he recognized the sight (and smell) to be diarrhea. Straight off to the shower they went....in their clothes and everything. Problem one...solved.

On to the next adventure. Fast forward about twenty minutes to when Nathan comes in the room and proclaims that his belly hurts. He's been doing this off and on for about 2 days now. There is a throw up virus going around so we've been on the look out (although all 3 kids had it 2 weeks ago...you never know...we might be one of those "lucky" families that gets it twice this season!). We kind of blow it off (i know...great parenting...right?!) and start to make breakfast.

As I am flipping bacon I hear screaming coming from the boys bathroom. I call out, "RAYDEN...can you check on the boys" He runs over to check and emerges with a "oh...I am SO sorry" look on his face. I know I am in for it....he has to leave early for an important meeting at work and so I know that whatever just happened in the bathroom is MY responsibility. The next statement out of Rayden's mouth is what scares me the most. He says, "well, at least you'll have something to blog about today." Yikes.

I slowly walk to the bathroom and grab the door handle. I take a deep breath and crack the door upon. Just a crack and I know what's happening. The smell seeps out of the room and almost knocks me over. Flipping on the light only intensifies the problem. Now I not only smell what I am dealing with...I see it too. There is diarhhea ALL over the floor and potty. Now when I say ALL over the floor...that is precisely what I mean. It's on the tile, the toilet, the carpet, the stool the kids use to reach the sink. Sweet little Nathan just couldn't make it to the potty in time. I guess I should be grateful he at least made it to the bathroom. I can't imagine this mess right in the middle of the living room....ugh.

So, if that wasn't bad enough....I know realize that my sweet child felt bad about the mess and tried to clean it on his own. His method however, was less than perfect. There is so much toilet paper in the toilet that there is no water left...the paper has absorbed it all.

Sweet child, thank you for your help. You bless me with your kind intentions.

Anyway, upon trying to flush, water rushes into the toilet and is now overflowing all over the floor. It's mixing with the poop and it's making a wonderful swirly mess all over the place. Are you thoroughly grossed out yet? Good....we're in the same boat.

Rayden kisses my cheek and happily prances out the door to his meeting. I'm not sure he's ever been more excited to sit in a meeting in all his life. And, okay, he probably didn't prance per say. But it felt like it. Oh how I love that man...I know he would have cleaned up that whole mess without blinking if he could. Blast this new pastor and his desire to invest in his staff!

I'll spare you the rest of the details about how I cleaned it up. But I will say that anyone who wants to donate two new beach towels to the Hollis family it would be greatly appreciated! I couldn't deal with waching them....in the trash they went.

I think I have one more mopping and carpet scrubbing left ahead of me today....but the worst is over....I hope....it's only 8:45 am.

Pray for us....this could be a long day.

And hey...know that you are loved....I didn't take any pictures to post!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I bet he did prance. Rayden is totally a prancer.