Monday, February 9, 2009

Somehow I knew...

Call it "mom sense" maybe...but, somehow I knew that this day had a few more adventures left in it. And...I was right. Of course I was right....why would I be posting again if there wasn't another adventure to speak of. This adventure happened just after lunch. Let me recount it for you step by step...

1. I instruct the boys to go into their room and clean up all their rescue heroes while I clear away the lunch dishes.
2. I finish the dishes and go into their room (out of overwhelming love for my children) and offer to help them as they finish the cleaning.
3. Upon entering the room, Kaleb looks at me with a deer-in-the-headlights look on his face and says, "mommy, don't look at the window."
4. I look at the window.
5. I notice a 4 inch hole in the screen of thewindow. (I have all the windows open to "air out the germs" since it is 70 degrees here today)
6. My ornery....but honest....kids explain that Kaleb poked a hole in the screen with his finger and then Nathan made it bigger with a toy.
7. "what toy?" I ask.
8. Nathan points out the window and in our flower bed I see a small red car.
9. I explain why this was a bad choice and then calmly and lovingly spank their bottoms.
10. Hugs, kisses, apologies, and forgiveness is given.





I have learned several things through this incident...
1. There is always a silver lining (at least this adventure did not involve poop....at least that I know of!)
2. I need to do some weeding in the front yard.
3. Life is much easier when you calmly respond to the silly things your kids do.
4. Every incident in life can teach us something (I used this to (hopefully) teach my kids the importance of being good stewards of that which God has given to us)
5. I am not raising boring children....there is alot of life and spunk in this house.
6. I am grateful for my kids' honesty.
7. Hot wheels can very easily be pushed through screens.
8. Kaleb has strong fingers and a vivid imagination.
Well, it's now 1:15. Maybe I will see you again later today....although I hope not. I don't know how many more adventures I can handle.

1 comment:

the broomes said...

wow, Sarah!!!! You are having quite the adventure of a day! ...Maybe the fact that all three of mine are a little whiny today isn't so bad:) ...and I'd actually kind of LIKE to see a picture of your bathroom...it sounded quite impressive!:)