Friday, November 5, 2010

Halloween 2010

We had a great Halloween night. We ate dinner....got all dressed up....went trick-or-treating at my mom's residential care facility....stopped by the Kirksey's house to play....went home and went to bed. After the kiddos were tucked in all snug as a bug I headed over to Woody-Gott (a dorm on SBU's campus) to judge their Halloween costume contest. It was a lot of fun. It made me feel really old. I mean, it feels like a heartbeat ago that I was that carefree college gal frolicking in the dorm lobby and making googly eyes at all sorts of potential "Mr. Rights." But alas, it was over 10 years ago. Time most certainly flies. One day you are sitting in your dorm room stressing over term papers and girlie drama....and the next you are behind the lens photographing the most beautiful four people you have ever laid eyes on...




3 comments:

Brad Dearborn said...

Wait just a minute - you were making "googly eyes at the guys" instead of attending every single class, studying every evening at the library, and tucking yourself in by 9pm every night? I remember those being your instructions! And here I thought your meeting Rayden there was just some purely amazing divine coincidence!

Anonymous said...

I have a few points I need to make:

1. your family is fall-over-dead CUTE!
2. If by girlie drama you mean duct tape disasters and a Thiefy McStealy Pants suite mate that lifted my Dixie Chicks CD, then I am totally smiling.
3. Thank you for realizing that you made googlie eyes at the entire campus. In the interest of full disclosure, please also mention that you were dating over half of the campus at one time.
4. Where is the blog love for your BFF? Can't I get a shout out? All I get is a vague reference to girlie drama????
5. If a rattlesnake bitt you on the butt... well, you know the rest.

6. Mr. Dearborn. We were in bed by 8:45. And googlie eyes is just a slang term those young kids are using these days. :) And we never. Ever. EVER... skipped class. Especially not to go to Sonic. :)
:)

Anonymous said...

p.s. Is Rayden wearing Tom's tie again? :)