Friday, November 5, 2010

the one in which I make you jealous

Last night was girls' night out. And not just any girls' night out...but my favorite kind of girls' night out. Shopping. And not just any kind of shopping...but deal-spotting, coupon-clipping, saving-more-than-you-spend shopping. And not just...okay....never mind...I am sure you get it by now. Let me just give you a brief rundown of my loot.

Target: (oh how I love thee....and miss thee.....please Lord, bring a Target to Bolivar)
5 Holiday candles
2 renuzit cones
Glad trash bags
2 puddings
3 TGIFriday Skillet meals
Cottonelle TP
Cottonelle flushable wipes
2 Wheat Thins Stix
1 Wheat thins
1 Chickin in a Bisket Crackers (a total fave of mine from childhood)
a child sized afro wig (hey...it was $2 on clearance and don't lie...Kaleb will look awesome in it!)
a pair of black dress pants for Kaleb
country crock butter
2 oscar meyer lunchmeats
3 chicken noodle soups
3 boxes dryer sheets
3 feminine products (I will spare you the details!!!)
lightbulbs
2 paperjam guitars (the boys are getting them for Christmas...shh...don't tell!)
Simply Lemonade
2 Market Pantry apple juices
3 Reach floss
2 travel sized Tide detergents
My total before coupons: $160
My total after coupons: $91 and $20 target gift card

Dillons: (my love affair with you grows stronger with each passing day!)
10 Carnation evaporated milk
8 Propel fitness water
6 Honest Tea
Nestle break and bake cookies (seems wrong to put that right under the ORGANIC tea!)
Danimals yogurt
Activia yogurt
3 24-count advil
Ronzoni pasta
8 Annies Maccaroni and cheese
6 Chunky Campbells soups
strawberries
pomegranate
wheat bread
2 shoulder roasts
rotisserie chicken
2 hot pocket side shots
4 Green Giant steemer veggies
Heinz ketchup
joint juice
Idahoan instant potatoes
pepsi max
twix (to treat myself for such awesome savings on the drive home!)
My total before coupons: $74
My total after coupons: $31

Now go ahead and pick your jaw up off the floor and head on over to www.hip2save.com or www.frugalfritzie.com to learn how to do it for yourself. It's so much fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I bow to your Mastery of the shopper savings!! You are my Hero! Have you tried Price Cutters on Kansas? I agree with you bout Dillons. Love ya Bonnie