Saturday, October 30, 2010

a spooktacular event

we decided to have a Halloween party this year. It just made sense....we love dressing up, we love being creative with food and decorations, and we love hanging out with friends. So....the first annual Hollis Spooktacular Halloween party was born. It was loads of fun.

Rayden and I dressed up as the Flinstones. Nathan was Luigi and Aubri was a cheerleader. Kaleb started the evening in a spectacular....er....should I say Spooktacular....homemade robot costume, but it was a bit cumbersome so he switched to a pumpkin costume my grandma gave us. oh yeah....and he wasn't crazy about having his picture taken.
The Bass family came in Star Wars garb.
Ted and Shana were Salt and Pepper. Scarlett was a butterfly, Soren was a duck, and Jocelyn was a sweet little bear.
Bob Ross came and painted a lovely "happy little tree."
Alan and Mary were there too....Jarrett and Heather had the most creative (and hysterical) costume of the night! And there little man Gavin was a knight in shining armor.
The Jenkins family.....and even Dallas wore a costume. I guess my threat of making him stay out on the porch if he didn't dress up worked.
Kevin and Danielle came as Clark Kent and Lois Lane. Super cute!
We had so much fun and decided that we need to do more theme parties all throughout the year. The next one on the list will be a murder mystery party set in the 1950's. We can't wait. After that I intend to search www.oneprettything.com for more theme ideas (thanks Katie, you have me completely addicted to that website). Family fun at it's finest!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl. Your rockin orange hair made me spit my drink across the room. Fabulous! Looks like you guys had loads of fun. Wish we lived closer! :)