Friday, November 5, 2010

One step closer...

One day this last week I was thinking about the mom that I once thought I would be. When I was a little girl I wanted two things....to be a teacher and to be a mommy. I wanted to be the king of mom who went on every field trip, who planned fun outings, had creative parties, and in general just made life magical. I was feeling very "below average" in the mom department. Now this isn't the first time I have felt...well, lets just say "less than adequate" as a mother. When those feelings crop up in me I normally get kinda pouty and my insecurity renders me immobile. But, this time I stood myself up straight and decided to usher a bit of magic into my family's afternoon. So, while Aubri was asleep and the boys were at school I went to work. When the boys got home from school they found this...
and as they swung open the front door....
smiles spread across their faces as they saw the living room....
and the dining room....
and then they followed the web of string into the kitchen...
until they found the end...
what a great, not to mention magical, way to discover your afternoon snack.

1 comment:

shelly said...

when i'm a mom, i want to be just like you :)