Saturday, May 22, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

This Mother's Day was different than all the others I have had. Normally I am showered with cards and gifts, we go to church together, and then we have a nice lunch and some other festivities that involve me doing minimal planning and disciplining. The beginning of the day started out as usual....tons of handmade cards (I love that my boys are learning how to write and spell and can really tell me what's in their hearts) and a gift I have had my eye on (the board game Sequence....my grandma taught me this game a few weeks back and I really liked it). After that, though, my mother's day was anything but typical. I had to bolt out of bed and get myself and all three kids ready on my own. Now that Rayden is a senior pastor he normally leaves for church at about 7:30....ugh! We ate frozen waffles.....yum....got dressed and sped out the door. My man preached a wonderful message and then we darted to the house and packed our clothes and headed out for Memphis. My lovely Mother's Day lunch was replaced with a quick burger at Wendy's. Then, momma got lots of "quality time" with the family in the car....7 hours worth to be exact. My view on Mother's Day... Kaleb rarely looked up from his DSi.
Nathan was zoned in on the DVD player.....thank goodness for redbox.

And Aubri.... well, she had a rough day. First she clipped her lip into her barrette.


Then she happily ate her ice cream....and she generously shared it with her outfit!

It may not have been a typical Mother's Day, but it was great. Number one....I spent the day with my 4 favorite people on earth. And Number two....we ended the day with some of the best friends anyone could ask for (the Whaleys).
I have been a mom now for 6 years and I can honestly say that I do not feel any better at it than the day I started. But, with each day that passes I feel more and more blessed. And here's why...



No comments: