Saturday, January 23, 2010

There's a first time for everything

And today was my first time to dye my hair. I have never ever colored or even highlighted my hair before this week. I have always thought that I would just go grey gracefully. I actually think long grey locks look regal and beautiful. But then I saw a picture of myself from behind and I saw this web of scraggly grey hairs that oddly resemble a spider latching on to the back of my head and I changed my mind.
I told my friend Gypsy (also my hairdresser) that I wanted something close to my natural color (but if it had to be different I wanted it to be darker....can you imagine a blond with my skin tone...yikes!) She put in a temporary color called "toffee." It will shampoo out in about 6 weeks. That way I don't have to keep doing it over and over again if I don't want to. But guess what....I think I'll want to. I really like it. I also really like the hair cut she gave me. I had just asked her to thin it out a bit (I have freakishly course and thick hair) but she decided to give me side swept bangs. It turned out better than I expected.


5 comments:

Nate and Theresa said...

I love it! You look beautiful!

Allison C. Lee said...

You are sooooo beautiful! Always have been:)
Allison

The Holland Family said...

I don't think I have told you (and I have seen you all weekend!) I LOVE your hair!! It looks fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Girl... impressive! I love the color! You are so brave! I am so very proud....
And, please have Gypsy pencil me in... I'm on the way. That haircut is so CUTE! Surely she can do something with my fetus hair....

Valerie said...

Cute haircut! I'm impressed with the baking day too!