Saturday, January 16, 2010

My daddy's girl

Have I ever told you before how much of a daddy's girl my daughter is? Well, if I haven't before, I am telling you now. Aubri is truly a daddy's girl. Given the choice between us she'll pick her daddy 9 times out of 10. That's okay with me. I'm dealing with it....sort of. I only cry every couple days. No, I'm just kidding. I LOVE that she is a daddy's girl. They will have such a cool relationship as she grows up....it's part of what I so desperately wanted a little girl.


Anyway....

Each night at bedtime I beg Aubri to let me rock her. But, alas, every night that I ask I get the same response..."No....I want daddy put me bed." Even when I fake cry she walks over to me, hugs me, kisses my cheek, and whispers in my ear "don't cry mommy....but I want daddy put me bed."

You can clearly see that it doesn't bother me at all!

So, each night Rayden rocks her for a few moments and then he blesses her. He looks into her eyes as he holds her and whispers, "The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face upon you and give you peace." Then he kisses her forehead and puts her in her crib.

Well, Rayden wasn't home last Wednesday night. It was my chance to rock my sweet baby girl. And this particular night I thought I might whisper that blessing in her ear.

"The Lord bless you and keep you.....The Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face upon you and give you peace." Then I added, "I love you baby girl."

Aubri's response..."Don't pray daddy's prayer. Pray your own prayer."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love. it.