Friday, September 25, 2009

when pigs fly...

We've got it. Here. In our house. The swine flu (insert spooky music here). Kaleb officially has the swine flu (and strep too....but that's a little more mundane). He came home from school on Wednesday and reported that he was pretty sure he had gotten a fever while waiting for me in car line. I blew off what he was saying ----I mean, uh, wait....I never ever dismiss anything my kids say....I hang on their every word--- but when he persisted I got out the thermometer. Sure enough....the little bugger was telling the truth. His temperature was a steamy 103. With all the swine flu going around, we went straight to the doctor. Sure enough, he tested positive for both the flu and strep.

Now. Let me tell you. I was ready. I was ready for whining, and moaning, and sanitizing, and bathing, and "magic soaping", and crying, and laying around. And while I did sanitize, bathe, and magic soap the heck out of my kids and house, we had none of the other things on the list. Kaleb acted as though nothing was wrong. He played, scampered, fought with his brother and sister....all just like normal. Praise the Lord....the swine flu has come and gone and it has not beaten us to a pulp.

So, should the swine flu hit your homestead....don't panic. Maybe it won't be as bad as you are expecting.

No comments: