Monday, September 21, 2009

weigh in pending

I don't know if you know or not, but I am a Weight Watcher. I started 7 weeks ago after being completely inspired by my mother in law. She has seen such great success with this program and I am anxious to see if I can achieve similar results. So far, I have lost 9.4 pounds. It doesn't seem like very much, but I am thrilled. I have never been able to consciously lose a pound in my life. I lack discipline and knowledge. But, I know that if I stick to what this program asks of me I can be successful. I have actually already moved from a size 14 in pants to a size 12....and a medium shirt instead of a large.

Well, I didn't do so hot this week. There were a few nights that I splurged with extra treats. I weigh in at 6:00. I am kind of dreading it. I have yet to go and gain weight, but I feel like today may be the day. But, I am NOT shying away from the weigh in. I am committed to walking this journey....my goal is to lose 16 pounds by Thanksgiving (that would be 10% of my starting weight). And overall my goal is to lose 30 pounds.

Will you pray for me as I walk this road? I will post later about the results of tonight's weigh in.

3 comments:

Brad Dearborn said...

I'm not sure you have ever had a bigger fan for anything you have ever attempted, sweetie. I'm rooting for ya in this adventure, too!

Allison C. Lee said...

I love your honesty...it's refreshing. I will add you to my list of girl friends who want to loose 30 pounds (there are currently 5 of us)!!! Love u.

Nichole said...

I did WW back before I got pregnant with Alexandra and lost over 20 pounds. I never did the meetings and weigh ins, just counted points on my own and found it to be a great program. I need to get back on it, but have had a hard time finding my will power again! Good luck and congratulations on your current success!