Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"The new Proverbs 31 Woman"


Rayden looks upon my new obsession with amazement and wonder. I think he's a bit confused about how excited I get over all this couponing. However, he's thrilled with the results. He calls it, "the new Proverbs 31 woman". Since I stay home and don't earn money regularly (I teach at KDO, but that is pretty minimal) I have to find other ways to save money. I knew marrying a pastor sort of locked us in to a certain tax bracket. Especially as a youth pastor. I praise the Lord daily that I am able to stay home with my kids....and I am willing to make any amount of financial sacrifices to make that possible for a long time to come. There is no greater joy to me than to get to spend hours upon end with my kids. I think this joy is becoming increasingly precious to me as I comtemplate sending Kaleb to Kindergarten in just 2 short months.
Anyway....I digress....
The point of this post was to show you my new purchase. I did a large shopping trip to Walmart the other day. I brought my grandma along and she just giggled as we hunted up and down for the deals that matched my coupons. I think I have her hooked now as well. This week my purchase included:
2 boxes of Bagelfuls (which by the way are SUPER yummy)
Coppertone Sunscreen
Listerine
2 Reach toothbrushes
tabasco sauce
4 Bic Soliel razors
30 dentec flossers
Secret deoderant
Taco Bell Dinner kit
Kraft Ranch dressing
Fruit chillers popsicles
2 country time strawberry lemonade (nothing says summer like a cold glass of lemonade)
30 Nexcare bandaids
Before coupons and tax my total was 43.54. After coupons and tax I paid $20.99! Isn't that amazing. That's pretty much like paying for the razors, Listerine, and sunscreen and getting everything else for free! I am having so much fun. If you want to join me in the fun, head over to www.hip2save.blogspot.com and start shopping!

No comments: