Sunday, July 8, 2012

Shine on, Sister

The picture above was taken the day my sweet daughter was diagnosed with a raging ear infection and pneumonia.  The girl is nothing if not resilient.  We had all had plans that night, but with our new information about Aubri we had to make some changes.  The boys went on with the plans and Aubri and I stayed home.  Sakes alive was that girl bummed out.  She kept asking to do things that sick little girls can't do....jump on the trampoline, go for a bike ride, go to the park, etc.  I had to come up with something to appease her and her non-dwindling energy and spirit.  So...I dipped into our fireworks stash a bit early and we played with sparklers.  What fun we had!  You would not have ever guessed at how sick this little lady was.  She was dancing and twirling with all the joy you can fathom.  It was beautiful to watch.  Pure joy in motion.  I am blessed by this little girl and her positive attitude.  She lights up my life for sure!

No comments: