Friday, March 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Dr. Suess

March 2nd was Dr. Suess's birthday and the kids were supposed to dress up like a character from any of the many Dr. Suess books. Of course, I didn't remember this until about 8pm the night before as I was tucking the boys into bed and Kaleb said, "I can't wait to see my Wocket costume tomorrow". Oops....better get to work. it's a good thing I had a pretty good stash of scrap fabric.

We started the morning with what else but....Green eggs and ham! Nathan claimed that he didn't like the eggs...even after we explained that they were just regular eggs with green coloring on them. I guess our mind really can trick us sometimes.

Nathan was the Grinch....with a shirt showing that his heart was two sizes to small and a santa outfit. It really worked to my advantage that the santa suit the grinch makes is really raggedy. Because amazing seamstress I am not. But I think I did alright converting this clearance target fleece throw into a santa jacket.
Kaleb wanted to be the kid from "there's a wocket in my pocket". I took a tshirt of mine and altered it to fit a 6 year old. Then I took the extra fabric and made a pocket for the wocket stuffed animal that Grammy got him for Christmas.
The wocket was a big hit at school. kaleb said that he even earned two lassos (making good choices bracelets at the kid's school) for helping out his teacher and staying quiet all day. he thought that was awesome!

No comments: