Friday, March 4, 2011

A birthday party...lego style

If a lego party is what you want, then a lego arty is what you get. We started out with some simple decorations made from what else but....Legos! A number 6 and a picture frame displaying some of my favorite shots of him from this year (courtesy of the best photographer I know....Mrs. Danielle Tripp!) I also did my best to make a Lego cake (It's a regular rectangle cake made from a 9 by 13 pan and then I put 6 mini cupcakes upside down on top and iced it. I used an upside down cookie sheet covered in foil for the base of my culinary masterpiece!
We played a building game to see which team of three could build the largest tower in 2 minutes. We sorta let the little girls cheat by using the giant blocks instead of legos.
We also had a spoon relay. But instead of eggs they carried Legos.
I bought a lego ice cube tray off of Amazon (for free using gift cards I earned through swagbucks) and melted some of our old crayons in them to create lego crayons. There is a big difference in using cheap crayons and Crayola. The cheap ones separate into plain wax and colored wax.....it was weird. If you ever plan to do this go for the Crayolas....you will not regret it.
We ate lunch. We served little rectangle and square sandwiches, chips, grapes, and juice.
We built many, many creations.
We played carpet ball. (it's kind of like tabletop shuffleboard only with pool balls.
Foosball anyone?
It's cake time. You can see I also used my ice cube tray to make multicolored chocolate legos....they were the hit of the party I think!
Make a wish...
Open your presents....more legos than even one 6 year old boy could dream of...
And be sure to tell everyone thank you!

No comments: