Monday, October 11, 2010

honest prayers

I love to listen to my kids pray. Aubri thanks God for everything that is currently in her line of sight. Kaleb rarely offers to pray, but when he does it is sweet and raw and wonderful. Nathan is the one in our family who prays with the most vigor....the most passion....the most like a charismatic evangelist. I can just visualize him standing on a stage with his arms raised, eyes closed, pacing back and forth..."and LAWD... we praise ya today LAWD Jesus." Here are some sweet....and brutally honest....prayers my kids have prayed recently.

Kaleb (on the night he became a Christian) "Dear Jesus. Please forgive me for my sins. Please don't let my mommy and daddy yell at me ever again. And please come live in my heart. Amen."

Nathan (tonight before bed) "Dear God. I love you Lord. Please help Kaleb and I have fun at PE. I love PE. And I love my mommy and all the people in the world except the strangers. I love you Lord. Amen."

Faith like a child. Isn't it grand?

No comments: