Sunday, April 25, 2010

it just now hit me...

It's not like it snuck up on me. We knew about our move for a little over a month. I think I was just in "doing" mode and I wasn't letting myself think about what it really meant. I knew that it meant a new church and a new home....the possibility of new ministry really excited me. I was anxiously anticipating all that God was going to do in and through us in Bolivar. I guess I neglected to think about the reality that moving means you leave some things behind....namely friends. And not just any friends....but friends who have become your family. Friends who nurtured you through the birth of a child, the divorce of your parents, the disease of you mother, the loss of 4 grandparents in under 4 months. Those kind of friends are hard to say goodbye to. And it wasn't until I saw them all in one place that I realized what we were about to do. So, what happened next....well, I bawled like a baby. Not just a tiny tear trickling down my cheek as I look gratefully out at a sea of people I love. No....that would have been much less embarrassing. I, instead, put my head in my hands and wept....rather uncontrollably I might add. My body was doing this weird twitching, shaking, heaving sort of motion as I wailed. I pulled it together....not as soon as I would have liked...but I was able to enjoy one last evening with some of my favorite people in all the world. We have been so blessed with great friends. And it may sound silly, but that was something I thought I might never have. Oh sure, I have had friends my whole life. But I was too terribly insecure to really let anyone see who I really was....warts and all. (not literal warts, mind you....that'd be a bit weird). These are some of the first people God has sent my way that have made me feel truly accepted and loved no matter what. If Danielle Lee and Katie Hayes could've been there my life would have been complete! Regardless, I have learned alot from these friends....I have gained enough security in who I am (and who God is inside of me) that I feel confident to step out and make new friends here in Missouri. The kind of friends that become your family....because who knows what they might have to help us walk through in the next 5 years.

Amy, Deidra, Me, and sweet little MaryAnne (she's Emma's older sister....so someday she'll be Nathan's sis-in-law!)
Nathan is "confessing with his mouth" that Jesus is Lord!

Ms. Kimberlayhey and sweet Lana

This is the moment when the BooHooing commenced....Barry was preparing to pray over us and I couldn't hold it in any longer. It was a meltdown of epic proportions.
We had the BEST teenagers while at Forest Hill. It was great to have so many people love on us and our kids! We are better for having known them.

Kimberly, Amy, me, and Karen. Such sweet friends!

Could God have sent me a more perfect friend. I am missing Lindsey like crazy!
Rayden and Mike. Great buddies....and kudos to Mike for getting our house rented! Hooray!
Kaleb, Luke, and "big" Caroline. She's not at all big....but the other Caroline is just 6...so she's been termed "little". Gotta love the logic of a 5 year old.

Mr. Richie and Jack Jack....some of our favorite guys around!










No comments: