Sunday, April 25, 2010

"are they twins?"

This is the question I consistently get asked about the boys every year from February 22nd until April 28th. In between those dates they are the same age. Right now, they are both 5 (at least for 3 more days....then K-man will be 6).

I get so many different reactions when I tell people they are just 10 months apart. From a mouth-dropping look of dumbfoundment (I think I my have just created that word) to rhetorical and satiric questions like, "you do know how this happens, right?" Just think if I told them that they are really 9 months and 24 days apart! Regardless, I just smile politely and remind them (and myself) how blessed I truly am. God knew exactly what He was doing when He gave us Nathan.

Nathan is truly a gift (that's what his name means). We didn't plan on him....duh....I found out I was preggo when Kaleb was 10 weeks old. But God knew that our family would not be complete without Him. Praise God that He knows better than me what I need.

Here are some (much overdue) pictures from my middle child's 5th birthday party. And a big thanks and shout-out go to my sweet friend Karen who lent me her camera at the party so I could record this blessed event!






















No comments: