Saturday, February 6, 2010

Kroger Mega Event


Every so often there is a great event at Kroger where you can buy 10 items (mix and match from a long list) and get 5 bucks off your total instantly. It's an awesome sale. And you know how much I am loving clipping my coupons. I took some time to go through the Kroger flier and my coupon book (a 3 inch binder full of baseball card holders stocked full of coupons) and I put together what I thought would be pretty successful trip. I took my family along this evening and I think things turned out pretty well. Here's a list of what I got and what I ended up spending on each item (after sales and coupons):
6 Pillsbury Toaster Strudel (1.10 each)
4 bags Wonka gummies (all FREE)
Milk (2.48)
Jumbo eggs (.99)
Sunny Delight (1.00)
Nature Valley Granola bars (.60)
2 Special K Fruit Crisps (2.00)
2 Martha White Muffin Mixes (.90)
Pillsbury frosting (1.29)
2 Dole Pineapple tidbits (.18)
6 Kraft Natural Cheese products (9.00)
2 I Can't believe it's not butter products (1.00)
2 Nestle tollhouse sugar cookie doughs (4.00)
International delights creamer (FREE)
New York Pizza sticks (1.00)
Weight Watchers Fudge bars (2.00)
2 goldfish crackers (.50)
Oscar Meyer turkey sub (1.00)
Bread (.78)
Hot dog buns (1.00)
My total with tax and all was $39.43
My savings were 59.57
That means I saved 62% on my groceries tonight!
Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.

1 comment: