Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Better late than never

The first week of June was our church's VBS. It is definitely one of my favorite weeks out of the year. This year's theme was Crocodile Dock and it dealt with overcoming fear. The kids studied various stories involving Moses and how knowing who God is and what he can do releases you from being captive to fear. What an important lesson to learn in life!

I helped to plan VBS by facilitating the preschool portion of the week and also by leading worship and being a part of the opening drama. Rayden also played an important role in the week's activities. He was Skeeter in the drama, a backwoods bayou bubba and then he also ran a station called Chadder's Theatre.

Vacation Bible School always inspires me because you get to watch childlike faith up close. You get to see inhibited worship....these little ones have yet to discover insecurity over people watching them as they dance and sing before the Lord. You also get to see adults serving faithfully and immediately seeing the fruit of their labor. Who doesn't love to watch a child worship, listen to sweet voices pray, and see "light bulbs" go off when a child realizes all that God has done for them.

It is my prayer that each day my children would love to God in wonder and amazement of what he might teach them that day. And I also pray that I would serve Him as fervently, tirelessly, and passionately each day as I do at VBS.
















1 comment:

Rhianna Garber said...

We did Crocodile Dock in July and we had a blast. I was a co-director with another friend. I can totally see Rayden as Skeeter!