Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter festivities!

Easter is my favorite holiday. It is simply the greatest day of freedom and grace there ever was! I always feel this renewed sense of hope and I feel tremendously empowered to fight the enemy from a position of assurred victory. It is a day that I am reminded that Jesus really can do ANYTHING! On this day, this fact is not just something I teach my children as a quaint notion and theory...it is something I believe with vigor and it is omething that changes me. It is something that I have bet my life on. On this day I am reminded that there is no sea He cannot calm, there is no mountain He cannot level, and there is no life He cannot change. It is the ultimate day of hope.

I needed this day. I needed the reminder that the Lord can heal my mother. I needed the reminder that there is no life he cannot bring to salvation. I needed reminding that there is no illness God cannot stop. I needed the reminder that GOD IS IN CONTROL! Praise God for Easter!

This year we celebrated with lots of fun activities. We went to the Easter egg hunt at church (where Rayden led worship...and the boys helped....Nathan on harmonica and Kaleb on the drum). We also dyed Easter eggs (where the boys informed us that it's not nice to use the word "die"....the english language is so difficult to explain to a 4 year old). Then the Easter Bunny came and brought treats and eggs filled with encouraging words. (I like to give them encouraging words instead of candy!) And finally we went to church in our spiffy attire (which I didn't even photograph...I guess I will dress them up later and take a picture!). What a wonderful week of celebratng our risen Lord!


























1 comment:

Brad Dearborn said...

Big Grandma will be talking about this visit for a long time - she really loved seeing those wonderful kids - and was very impressed by their terrific parents. Mom knows a lovely family when she sees one!