Monday, April 13, 2009

Oh yeah...we went to Grove City too!

As I was scrolling back through some past posts and reminiscing about the wonderful times I have shared with my family I realized that I forgot to post about half of our Pennsylvania trip. After we went to Little Grandma's house we drove to Grove City to visit Big Grandma and attend the memorial service for her husband, John. We had a great time. The first night was a bit sad because we were mourning the loss of my grandfather. But, the memorial service was wonderful...I sang and lots of friends recounted many wonderful memories. Afterwards there was a dinner to honor John and my grandma. I didn't know anyone except my family, but lots of folks remembered me from when I was about Aubri's age.


This is my family with PawPaw and my big grandma and my Aunt Bonnie


The boys were "exercising" using the rings in the basement. I don't really know that what these are supposed to do for you exactly, but they have been there since I as a little girl. How fun to see my kids enjoying the same thing I enjoyed at their age!


Aubri sure does love her PawPaw!

We visited the cemetary where my grandpa was buried when I was 9. I learned alot about my family on this trip to the cemetary. I learned that my great Aunt had 4 children and 3 of them were born on March 8th (not of the same year...but they all share a birthday)


This picture is at the "cold water steps." I am sure that's not the technical name for this location, but it's what my brothers and I called it. It is a set of steps that usually has freezing cold water running down it (some sort of fountain) and my brothers and I would roll up our pants and take off our socks and shoes and walk up and down them. It was freezing, but we were determined.

The boys enjoying the steps (without the water)


Me and my babies at the cold water steps.


PawPaw and the boys feeding geese at the park.


The boys rode their scooters miles and miles on this trip. They finally figured out how to push off and balance and "enjoy the ride."











No comments: