Saturday, December 20, 2008

Oops...I forgot

I've made a long list of excuses as to why I have no posted about Kaleb's wonderful Silver Dollar City acting debut, but the simple truth is....I forgot. I was reading back through some older posts tonight and saw my unmet promise staring me in the face. So, here I am...rectifying the wrong. Let me tell you the story about Kaleb's role in "Frosty the Snowan".
Uncle Tommy and Aunt Deanna suggested watching the Frosty show in the outdoor theatre of Silver Dollar City (or silver dollar silly as the boys call it). The ampitheatre holds about 200 people...but more than that crowd in to see this wonderful show. Being the astute mother that I am, I suggest that Rayden take the boys to the potty before the show starts. Only Kaleb needed to go. So, off Rayden and Kaleb went to find a restroom. When they returned Rayden had a goofy grin on his face. He leaned in and whispered, "Kaleb is going to get called on stage to help build the snowman." I came to find out that a man from the show approached Rayden and asked him if they were going to the show. After hearing that they were, the man asked if Kaleb was shy. After a chuckle, Rayden responded with a resounding, "NO". They made arrangements for Kaleb to be the special helper of the show.
Okay....fast forward to the show...the main characters recieve a package with all the accesories for building the perfect snowman. My sweet children were watching attentively, but I am all the while wiping Kaleb's face, fixing his hair, whispering in his ear a sweet reminder about how picking your nose is gross, and getting the camera ready. Finally, the lady of the show excalims that they will need a helper to build a snowman....she said, "I am wondering if there is anyone here is from Memphis, Tn....is there someone by the name of Kaleb who can help us?" When Kaleb heard his name he jumped up and looked at Rayden (as if to ask permission to take off at a dead sprint for the stage). Rayden nodded, and off Kaleb went. It was at this point that the rest of the family turned to us saying, "oh my goodness, how did you arrange this?" They had no idea what was going on.
The first thing they asked Kaleb to do was to sit on a big "snowball" so it wouldn't roll away. He plopped down and instantly went into chill out position (wonder where he learned that?) Then he got to help adhere the buttons and the nose. Finally, he held hands with the actors and sang Christmas carols. It was amazing! He was fantastic! You could see how proud and excited he was. The show finished out with all the kids getting to join Kaleb on the stage to watch the rest of the show.
So, not that I am biased or anything, but Kaleb was certainly the star that day! I feel as though he could have a career in show business should he choose that. He certainly has no fear of being in front of people. He charisma and love of being the "star" are certainly things he gets from his daddy...they are two peas in a pod. I hope you enjoy these pictures of our Silver Dollar Superstar!



Relaxing on the giant snowball that would soon become Frosty's head


Putting on all the buttons

Kaleb needed a bit of help putting on the nose


Doesn't he look so natural on the stage?





































No comments: