Saturday, August 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Aubri!

I can not believe it! My little girl is one! This last year has certainly gone by more quickly than all the others. I have to say...having 3 kids under the age of 5 can really keep a person busy. Most of the time it's a good kind of busy. I could do without the laundry and dishes, but other than that...the kind of busy I am is good. I would not want to be the kind of busy where you have to go to an office and then come home to kids, laundry, and dishes. That's great for some moms...but it is not for me. I told a friend the other day..."there are some days that I don't know if we will all survive til daddy walks through the door. But, there is no amount of money that would woo me into doing something different with my days."

Yesterday was the kind of day that really made me think about how grateful I am to be able to be a stay at home mom. Sure, we have had to make a lot of sacrifices...youth pastors don't rake in the big bucks! But it has been worth it. I was with this little princess almost every day of her life so far (she stayed with grammy and grandad for two weeks during camp and mission trip).

Aubri has been one of my greatest joys in life. She is so calm and laid back. She loves to laugh. She is always tuned in to what her big brothers are doing....which is a full time job...I should know! She steals everyones heart with her great big blue eyes and her toothy grin. She is simply precious.

Today I am praising God and thanking Him that as He searched all over the world for the perfect mommy for this little angel He had the grace and mercy to make His eyes stop on me. It humbles me and leaves me in awe that He would trust Rayden and I with all 3 of our treasures. But it assures me over and over again that God certainly does delight in giving good gifts to His children.

My sweet Aubri...you most definetly are a good gift!








No comments: