Friday, August 8, 2008

My new "nephew"

Hudson Zachary Hayes was born on August 2nd at 4:24 am...and boy is he a cutie! I wasn't able to make it in time for his arrival, but I did get to see him when he was just 10 hours old...I guess that will have to do. It was so fun to get to hold a newborn again. As I held Hudson a strange thing happened. I was instantly transported to the moment of each of my children's birth. I remember seeing Kaleb for the first time and being amazed that I was actually a mommy. It felt so surreal. I also remember Rayden standing over his little warmer and blocking my view...I made him move of course. I needed a clear view of the angel God had sent me. Then, 10 months later God sent another precious gift...Nathan. I remember struggling to push out that 9lb 9oz bundle of love. Then, when I saw him I burst into tears thinking two things, #1 Praise God...it's over. and #2 I can not believe God would choose to bless me again. And then there is my little princess. I wasn't awake for Aubri's birth so that makes this story a bit more strange. When I held her for the first time I felt oddly disconnected from her. I didn't get to deliver her and I didn't get to see her for 6 hours after my c-section. It was all very strange. After two days at home and praying that God would help me to bond with her it happened. In the middle of the night, tears streaming down my face, God spoke to me. In that moment I realized that this was all real. I guess I was afraid to admit that I wanted a little girl so badly for fear that God wouldn't give it what I was praying for. But in the quiet moments of cuddling her close, I sensed God whispering in my ear, "she is your answered prayer. I love you and I hear you. I love giving you good gifts." All three of my babies are truly "good gifts." Being a mommy has been so much harder than I ever dreamed, but I wouldn't trade it in for anything in the world. I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams. I know Tom and Katie feel the same way about their new little "gift". I pray that through the exhausting days to come they will gather their strength from the Lord and each other. What an exciting adventure parenting is.


Baby Huddy
Finally... I am not the one in the bed! Best "aunt" ever!
Such a terrific mom already!

No comments: