Sunday, May 6, 2012

8 is Great!

I can not believe that I have been a mother now for 8 years.  I still feel 16, so how can my eldest be half way to driving? It's a mystery.  Although I am baffled by it all, I am certainly blessed by it as well.  This little man is a gift for sure.  He is funny, sneaky, energetic, handsome as all get out, creative, smart, goofy, and loving.  He still loves to cuddle and give kisses.  For that I am so grateful!  He loves to build with legos, jump on the trampoline, make people laugh, play video games, play sports, run fast, jump high, and do all the sorts of things little boys love to do.  He is incredibly sensitive....he melts down in a moment if he thinks people are laughing at him or teasing him.  He has some trouble with the truth...but with God's great help we are working on that.  I pray that as he grows and matures that he will fall so deeply in love with the Lord that he will see all of life through His eyes.  I pray that he will so in tune with the Truth inside of him that it will come spilling out.  It is my greatest prayer that he would learn to recognize the voice of the Holy Spirit and would obey Him at a moment's notice.  By God's grace I know he will grow up to do great things!  I love this kid so stinking much!

We celebrated this momentous occasion with a backyard drive in.  We watched "alvin and the chipmunks: Chipwrecked" and ate popcorn, puppy chow, and candy.  He had lots of friends over and got lots of great gifts.  It was tons of fun.  We love to celebrate!





1 comment:

Nicole said...

What a fun birthday party!