Friday, July 4, 2008

Bellevue fireworks

On Sunday night the biggest church in town, Bellevue Baptist Church, held their annual fireworks picnic. They were host to over 10,000 people that night. We went with a few families from our church and claimed a spot on one of their baseball fields. It was an absolute blast. I felt so tremendously blessed as I held my baby girl in a lawn chair and watched my two little boys run around without a care in the world. My husband got to have some "guy time" throwing the football around with his buddies. The fireworks didn't start until 9:40, but all three kids were still up and running...maybe it was all the cookies and marshmellows they had eaten throughout our 3 hours of play! The boys were enthralled by the show...which was set to music by the Bellevue orchestra. The show lasted about 20 minutes and Nathan watched from the comfort of daddy's lap. While Kaleb sat on a blanket with some friends. Aubri sat in my lap and fell asleep about 5 minutes into the show. How she managed that I may never know. She didn't wake up again until morning. What a fantastic time!



Kaleb climbing the fence with his "hero" Clayton Smith.
Clayton is 5 and Kaleb loves anything Clayton loves!

Kaleb is enjoying the show!

Mama and her little sleeping beauty!

Is that an ornery grin or what!?

No comments: