Thursday, June 26, 2008

Summer Victories!

Huge strides were made today in the Hollis house. Well, I guess technically they were made in the backyard! Kaleb has been so brave all summer to jump in the pool from anywhere. He even backs up about 30 feet and gets a running start before flinging himself headlong into the water. Nathan, however, has been perfectly content to enter the water slowly...never getting his head wet...never jumping or being thrown...very mannerly. We have tried to encourage him to jump in..."Jesus will help you be brave!" I cheer from the sidelines. His response is a very emphatic, "I am NOT brave...I do NOT think this is a good idea for me." Today, something changed. The circumstances were the same as always...we slathered sunscreen all over ourselves and bounded out the door ready for a morning of soaking in the sun. About 20 minutes went by...then...my little man said, "Today, I am going to win the brave man trophy." I was unaware that there even was such a thing...but perhaps I need to go to the store and find one because Nathan surely deserves it. He walked to the edge...took a deep breath...and jumped right in! No one caught him, no one held his hand...he was an independent jumper! And, as you can see by the video...by the end and of the day he was a pro. He was jumping off the top...not an ounce of fear in his eyes. I am so proud! He certainly does win the brave man trophy today!

No comments: