Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Our 7th production

I have now done my 7th program with the kids at our church preschool. We just had our Christmas show and it went awesome! I could not have been more proud. Teaching music at KDO is truly such a joy to me. There is nothing like watching the faces of little children as they belt out praises to our God. So many moments I am overcome to the point of tears over the genuine nature of their worship.

This program was filled with lots of laughs. We kicked off the show with the Monkey class (Nathan's class) rapping. We wore sunglasses and shocked the whole crowd with our "whoop whoops" and our "gangsta" poses at the end. It was priceless!
The Monkeys were joined by the other classes for songs like, "Santa Claus is coming to town," "Jingle Bells," and "In a manger."

Aubri got her moment to shine too. I was so happy to see that she sang almost every word and did the motions too. That is, until....

she lifted her dress and flashed the entire crowd. Of course....it HAD to happen on a night when I forgot to put bloomers on her. What was I thinking? I know, I know....I wasn't thinking at all. It was cute, though!

This is Lindsey and me after the program is over (notice the look of sheer relief on our faces!) She is not only the director of KDO, a fantastic mom, wife, workout barbie, and cleaning maniac....she is also a dear, sweet friend to me. God truly has blessed me with her and her family.





No comments: