Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Family Church

Forest Hill has started doing something new that I simply love....it's called Family Church. On the first Wednesday of every month we cancel every church acticity and come together as an entire body of believers.....ages 0-well....however old you are! We have active worhsip led by the "kidz in Motion singers" (of which my two boys are a part) and then we have a video, skit, game, and a short (yet amazingly inspiring and hilarious) message from a fantastic preacher....in case you haven't guessed it yet....Rayden delivers the message.

I love this concept because I am a huge believer in the fact that generations can learn from one another. I believe that the older generations have wisdom that I (and my children) lack....and need! I also think that children can teach adults a thing or two about freedom in worship and confidence in who you are made to be.

It is so cool to dance and sing WITH my kids and then teach them how to respect and honor the Word of God as it is delivered through the pastor. It's not a quiet and formal service, as you can imagine. It's more of a....well....training ground. Life's a journey. We all have things to learn. I need to learn to forget about the person beside me and worship freely and openly and lavishly. And my kids need to learn to be still and be respectful in their worship.

Family church....it's so cool!










No comments: