Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tiny witness

So, I just got back from the doctor's office with the kids. Aubri has more ear infections. I was a bit surprised (although happy because they were thinking it was influenza) because there was no drainage coming out of her ears. This just tells us that the tubes are already clogged up. Hopefully the drops they gave us will loosen whatever is blocking them and the drainage will start soon.

But that's not why I'm posting (although feel free to pray that her ears heal soon...poor baby...this is her 5th ear infection since sept 08). While we were at the doctor I was holding Aubri and talking to the doctor (while the boys quietly played their leapsters....hallelujah!). In the middle of him saying that he was sorry that the tubes weren't doing their job Aubri shouted "MAY MEN" The doctor looked puzzled so I began to explain. I didn't have to though, because he looked at her hands and noticed that they were folded in her lap. He smiled and I said, "yes, she is praying." He paused, smiled, and said "That has simply made my night. She must have seen that a lot before. "

At dinner Aubri has begun to fold her hands and pray with us. It was such a blessing to watch this tiny little person minister to someone and she doesn't even know it. It is my prayer that my kids will always know that prayer is never a last resort....but our first line of defense. I pray that they will come to love God's presence and spend their lives in sweet communion with Him.

2 comments:

thollis said...

Sarah,
Your prayers for your children will be answered because you are a model of what you want them to learn. There is no greater motivation to know more about the Lord than what a child can learn from his/her mother. I know this from first hand experience. Love you more than I can say.
TH

rayden.hollis@gmail.com said...

I love my tiny witness, and she has the greatest example to live up to.