Tuesday, November 11, 2008

There is hope...

In the picture above you may notice that the boys are a bit mismatched. Herein lies the significance of the picture. They made a compromise...on their own...about who would wear which pajamas. While most of our days are spent not sharing and wrestling...then crying....then tattling...I caught a glimpse of a life I long to have. A moment in time occurred the other night that allowed me to see that the boys do love one another and truly are best friends. The conversation went something like this...

K: Nathan, which jammies do you want to wear?
N: The dino jammies
K: Well, too bad...I want to wear the dino jammies
N: MOM! Kaleb won't let me wear the dino jammies and I never ever get to wear them
Mom: (at the end of a long day) work it out on your own....I'm not helping
K: Hey...I got an idea. How bout you wear the dino pants and I wear the dino shirt
N: Wait...I got a idea. I can wear the dino shirt and you can wear the dino pants
K: MOM! Nathan won't let me wear the dino shirt and I never wore that one before (which is a lie by the way)
mom: Again, I am not helping
K: What about I wear the dino shirt and you wear the dino pants, Nathan
N: Okay

What a proud moment...although they begged for my intervention, they were able to compromise and work together in a way that doesn't involve hitting and chasing each other in circles. There still are miracles being worked out before my eyes each day!

1 comment:

Brad Dearborn said...

I see careers in international diplomacy developing there! Nicely done, guys.