Monday, November 14, 2011

Momma


Lots has happened with my mom recently. None of which is very good. But, on the bright side, none of which is terribly related to her health. She is living at a nursing home that is about 20 minutes from our house and I am able to go see her about once a week. She is stable in her health and I really feel as though her meds are appropriate and that this facility is better equipped to serve people with her type of disease.

The issues I am having are with the nursing home. They recently had to fire an employee for being rude to my mom. They "punished" her for wetting the bed by making her change the sheets herself. While I was trembling with anger over this mistreatment, I was pleased with the managements response to the employees actions.

But then just days later I got a call saying that mom had choked and was being sent to the ER just to be sure she had not aspirated anything. I was in St. Louis for a wedding and was unable to travel to get to her. I guess that I just assumed that they would send a representative from the nursing home with her. However, I later learned that she was in an ER bed by herself...with no one. And to make matters worse the ER was so busy that they could not transfer her back to the nursing home for 8 hours after she was discharged. And as hard as I tried and as much as I kicked up a fuss, the nursing home would not send someone to get her. They kept saying, "there just isn't anyone here to go get her. it's the job of the hospital to transport her back." I was L.I.V.I.D. The thought of my mom all alone in that hospital for all those hours was heartbreaking. Now, I am glad that she is okay (she did not aspirate anything). And I am thankful that she has caregivers who want her to be healthy and are cautious with her health. But, I am not sure of the next step.

I want to let the nursing home know that I am not okay with my mom's care currently. But I am not exactly sure how to do that. I want to be direct....but, I also don't want to be mean. I still need her to stay there....I don't really know where else we would go. Please pray for us. Pray for some resolution between me and the nursing home. Pray that God will either give me incredible peace about her care or show me exactly where we should head.

And while you are praying....would you mind to ask the Lord to heal her? I want so badly for her to be whole again....and whether that is on earth or in Heaven I don't care. Wholeness....that is my dream for her.

No comments: